Thursday 11 November 2010

The Social Network - how a socially inept student transformed our interaction

Yesterday, I profited from our culture's relentless marketing by going to the cinema with 'Orange Wednesdays'. Even better, I got a good deal for going before 5pm, something I loathe, but as I'm learning to 'indulge', it seems a good enough way to do it. So, 'The Social Network' was the film of choice.

JT impressed me, I have to say. Mariah and countless others have tried the ol' 'I sing therefore I act', but Mr Timberlake actually seems to be able to put on a very convincing act. His colleague Jesse Eisenberg is equally, and likely more, talented in his representation of facebook's founder, Mark Zuckerberg.

I sat down to two hours of elaborated history and re-emerged into the November dusk with a strong urge to check my  own facebook profile. It was painfully ironic, but nonetheless, I resisted for a short while before giving in. It was when I was packing up in Waitrose that I gave in, iPhone in hand, to the sad truth: I'm just as addicted as anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment